Friday, November 14, 2008

College Student Slain In Home

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/17980754/detail.html

POSTED: Friday, November 14, 2008
UPDATED: 8:29 am EST November 15, 2008
DETROIT -- A reward is being offered to help solve a crime that took the life of a young college student.
Shannon Johnson, 20, was slain in her home in the 7000 block of Melrose in Detroit on Nov. 6.
Her mother discovered the body.
There was no forced entry into the home.
She was a student at Wayne County Community College, where she also worked part time.
Services were held today at the O. H. Pye Funeral Home on Plymouth Road in Detroit.
She was buried at Detroit Memorial Park West.
Johnson's grandmother Jacqueline Williams said, ""This is a big loss there is a big hole in my heart. I need that closure. Whoever you are, turn yourself in. Just turn yourself in. The question I have is why, why did you have to take her away?"
Brittany Johnson said, "She was my best friend. She was like a sister to me. We have known each other since first grade. I am going to miss her."
Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 for anyone with information

No comments:

Post a Comment