Thursday, October 11, 2007

College student assaulted in Muncie

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=7191660&nav=9Tai

Muncie - A Muncie college student is recovering from serious injuries to both arms after she says five young women beat her up. Her attackers aren't being modest, either. They're bragging about the attack online.
Just out of the hospital, the victim, Christina, described her emotional and physical state after the attack.
"As soon as the adrenalin wore off, I just thought I was going to die," she said.
Her father, Rick, doesn't understand the bravado of his daughter's attackers.
"You don't go around injuring and beating people up and go, 'This is something to brag about'."
The family doesn't want their last name used. They still feel threatened by the women Christina says attacked her, allegedly over a boy her friend was dating. She calls the act "completely animalistic."
"It's ridiculous," she said. "You question their sanity."
The assault happened early Sunday morning. Christina was leaving a party at a house in Muncie when she says four young women surrounded her before the primary attacker came onto the porch.
"She went for my throat," Christina says. "She's a lot smaller than me, and I just pushed her down. I don't even know who came at me when. I got punched down on my face."
She says they kicked her repeatedly.
"Every time I tried to pick myself up, my arms were kicked out from underneath me," she said.
The kicks broke the bone around her elbow and injured her other arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment